Thursday, July 3, 2008

Georgia Pansy


No, this is not a Pansy from the state of Georgia. I had the vase and bought the pansies and have been putting one pansy bloom at a time in my kitchen sink window . Then I realized I had a Georgia O'Keeffe day planner from Ann Haddad with a painting on the front of a purple pansy in a white vase. So I guess subliminally Georgia O. has influenced this painting. It was interesting to compare the two after I finished mine because they are surprising different, mainly hers is famous and better! I was very interested in the blue shadows of the flowers on the top of the vase and I guess G.O. was into something else, I'll have to look at hers again and see what I think...what do you think? I'll post G.O.'s soon so you can decide.

1 comment:

Suzanne Ally said...

this painting is so quiet and reflective or something. All the white is yummy. xo